Friday, May 6, 2011

TWHS Reviews the Lowdown on Skechers' Shape-Ups


Between basking in a rekindled love (Marie Osmond isn't the only one), maintaining a new household and working on TWO books (oh, I didn't mention that?), my fashion plate is fuller than usual. And to keep up with the pace, the arrival of spring couldn't have come at a better time. To say I was experiencing cabin fever is an understatement, because I want nothing more than to resume a walking regimen in order to keep my balance.

Imagine my glee when Skechers shipped me a pair of their Shape-ups Toners - Accelerate Advancers for review. A bona fide walker, I keep my errands and body in shape through the easiest form of exercise. Who needs a gym when you live in a walking neighborhood?

The Accelerate Advancers are designed to help strengthen the back, calf and thigh muscles, as well as firming the buttocks. And the fact that all you have to do is lace up and wear is bliss.

As much as the calendar suggests May flowers, Mother Nature decided to pull a full-fledged rainout for the start of May. After a mad dash into the nearest store in my first attempt of test-strutting my Skechers, I laughed when I realized the toners truly put "spring" in my step, thanks to the Resamax Kinetic Toning Pods that gives good bounce with each step I took. As far as appearance goes, the fabric upper panels with glitter finish adds a dash of sparkle for the girly-girl in me.

Even though my first days of wearing them has been limited to in-house, it's fine because they are designed to achieve overall fitness without the use of pilates, elliptical equipment or a designated workout time.




My former career in Memphis gave me a built-in workout, where I pimped property at 400-unit residential communities with four-story walk-ups. In time, I will see whether the Shape-ups give me that same result, sans the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment