Sunday, April 19, 2020

Boxabl Casita Can Save Your Elders in Distress


According to the Senior Living website, the average cost of a private room in a nursing home is $8,365 per month, or $275 a day.  For a semi-private room, the average cost of a nursing home is $7,441 per month, or $245 a day.

Damn.  

Now think about the PRICELESS elders in these nursing homes today, dying alone with no notification to their loved ones.  That's just disrespectful and elder abuse!

When I was growing up, my grandparents remained in the family home until their last breath.  My grandfather died in his sleep within the home he bought over 60 years ago.  My grandmother remained in the home until her kidneys began to fail and she was admitted into the hospital, where she passed.  

As I sat listening to Governor Cuomo's Saturday morning press conference, my grandparents were all I could think about.  There seems to be a vague response from the nursing homes as to how many residents have died from COVID-19.  I don't know about you, but there would be NO one stopping me from pulling my loved ones out of these Petri dishes.

The answer to avoiding this in your family is Boxabl, a 375sf tiny home that comes in a box with modern amenities for $50,000.  If you do the math, that's a hell of a lot cheaper than a nursing home. They offer a wheelchair-accessible model with a roll-in shower and widened doorways.

The website states they will be available to purchase by next year.  But if you reserve one with a $100 deposit, your name will be entered in a drawing to win a Boxabl Casita.

Click here to reserve yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment