We interrupt our regularly-scheduled Frankenstorm warnings for a diversion of vanity...
Seeing that Hurricane Sandy has officially canceled Halloween along the East Coast, might I entice you with some holiday glam? Anastasia Beverly Hills - the definitive eye and brow expert for celebrities - shipped me makeup kits for review that will put ooh-la-la in your fa-la-la!
Just in time for festive parties, the Want You to Want Me Makeup kit and Kisses on My List (Volume 2) Lip Gloss Set are both chocked with shimmer and shine.
The makeup kit - a retro-glam homage to the 70s - is a kit within a clutch! The kit contains:
- Crease-free, smooth matte and hydrating Illumin8 shimmer shades of Power Ballad, Jellies, Platform Wedge, and Ziggy
- High-pigment shadows that can be worn dry for a sheer wash of color, or wet to transform shadow into liner or for a bold metallic finish
- Dual-sided eye shadow brush
- Jet black liquid eye liner (the must-have for holiday cat eyes!)
- Mini Clear Brow Gel sets brows
The lip gloss kit contains tubes of (shown left to right below) Moi, Sharona, Roxanne, Jolene, Maggie May and Lola - all namesakes of muses from the 70s. They are all nice, neutral contrasts to any vibrant colors you'll wear for the holidays, and the ultra-hydrating formula of the glosses is clinically proven to improve the texture of the lips. As stated in a previous review of her lip gloss, Anastasia packages her gloss tubes with silicone applicators instead of the standard sponges, which helps control the perfect amount of color.
Of the colors, my personal fave is Lola; a sassy pink hue with just the right touch of glitter. Can you say meet me under the mistletoe?
These kits are ideal hostess gifts, especially for the fashionista throwing a disco trim-a-tree party. Check out tips on getting the 70s glam look from behind the scenes of the photo shoot. Disco ball not included.