Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stepping Into a Purposeful Marriage



On May 20, my husband and I will be taking another important walk. But this time, the knot we'll be tying will be of a different kind.

We both will be lacing up our trainers to participate in a Walk To Cure Diabetes. This walk will benefit those afflicted with Juvenile Diabetes (Type 1 Diabetes), which affects as many as three million Americans. A Type 1 diabetic (or T1D) does not produce insulin. Due to the fact that most who have this type are younger than 40 years old, it is called Juvenile Diabetes.

Thanks in part to my holistic lifestyle, I am not afflicted with the diabetes that runs in my family. Albert, however, is one of the 25.8 million living with diabetes (he is a Type 2 diabetic, which means his body does not produce enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin).

I have to watch him take prescriptions twice a day to manage it. It is my goal to ensure he stays as healthy as possible, incorporating "date walks" and conscious dinner menus. His insatiable sweet tooth is his biggest denial and my biggest challenge!

Help us in raising funds to directly support research for a cure for T1D by joining our Team: click here to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment