Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quick; What's a Five-Letter Word For Haute Apron?


E-V-I-T-A.

That's the name of this crossword apron from Sistahs Vintage Aprons, the chicest of online stores for hostess aprons!

Sistah Seamstress/Apron Aficionado Mauri Lewis puts her magic touch into the seams of a garment that has evolved from childhood memories to a modern-day hostess staple. Lewis creates styles that merge fashion and function.

I am the lucky recipient to receive one the three limited edition Evitas from the sassy collection of custom aprons. As a wordsmith - whose favorite room of the house happens to be the kitchen - there are no words to explain my joy!!!



This ain't your granny's apron; the attention to detail on Evita is ahmazing. The hip pocket is perfect to carry a notepad in, to jot down the names of new recipes (or what not to do for a recipe next time). And with a flirty flounce skirt and ample ties at both the neck and the waist to make pretty bows, I will be causing some serious apron envy this holiday season.

Check out the rest of the collection of bib, hostess and half apron styles, and cause some apron envy of your own.

Once I tied on Evita, I was so inspired that I baked this 15-letter word for a quick bread, bursting with citrus, seasonal fruit and walnuts:


I'm sorry; I meant to say cranberry orange. ~~"

No comments:

Post a Comment