Saturday, September 25, 2010

TWHS Reviews Thermo Shield



My most complex relationship has always been the one with my hair. Known to exhibit passive-agressive behavior, when I want a smooth and sleek day, it causes tension and ends up all over the place. When I want to shine, it prefers to dwell in dullness; and every time I seek a natural and organic approach, it wants to go straight to the point.

Still, I love it enough to protect it from toxic relaxers for over a year now, and much to my surprise, never really needed them. But in the heat of an Atlanta moment this past summer, I even put my flat iron on the back burner, opting for the natural waves, curls and beauty of my hair. And guess what? It was STILL trippin'!

On the days we were compatibly curly, it was really good; but when it was bad, it was def a hat day. The only saving grace was the fact I was keeping it healthy with the total absence of heat from the flat iron. But in my heart of hearts, I wanted the option back.

When the makers of Treasured Locks Thermo Shield contacted me for a review, it was a sign to reunite with what I missed. Created for women who use flat irons, curling irons and hot combs, it protects the hair shaft from heat damage via silicone polymers.



Left side is before using Thermo Shield; right side is after Thermo Shield


I put it to the test this weekend. After washing and deep conditioning with Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo and 3-Minutee Mask (I know my roots are showing; don't judge me!!), I blow-dried my hair and followed the bottle's directions by preparing small sections to spray prior to flat ironing.

I was happy that it didn't have a heavy scent. The spray is lightweight and alcohol-oil free. I immediately was impressed with the shine from the first section of hair! It's good to know that while it seals in a shine, it also has protective sunscreens that help prevent sun damage.

The end result? See for yourself:



I am happy to report that I am back on speaking terms with my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment