Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Mad Hatter


I have this strong, burning desire for the sun. Unfortunately, the way it shows me love me back is in the form of a sunburn.

Just the simple task of letting the sun shine through the sunroof one weekend caused peeling on the left side of my neck. Add to it relentless humidity to cause a mighty bad hair day, and I'm nervous for summer's arrival.

Now stocked with SPF45 sunscreen, I am in the market to create a hat wardobe. My first investment is a chic little brown and tan straw fedora that works with my neutrals. I know I will want to show my inner pool party princess, so I will also need to find a wide brim.

This aqua blue metallic 6" wide flat brim floppy hat not only works with crisp whites, but will add pop to florals, corals, greys and lucite jewelry.

As for shoes, it would look great with silver crystal-embellished thong sandals, not to mention grosgrain-bowed pumps for an afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment