Thursday, April 1, 2010

Review of Naya Eco-friendly Wedges


Maher Wedge Sandal (left), and Eastlake Thong: from The Knotted Luxury Collection of Naya Shoes

It's no secret that I get high on heels. The higher, the better I say, when it comes to viewing the world in which we live.

But the world itself is having its own issues with balance, and it behooves us to take a conscious stand to protect it. So when the company Naya Shoes contacted me to review their eco-friendly footwear, I was honored to do so.

Surfing through their collection of footwear, I realized that the emphasis is not on 130mm heels, but on their "environmentally-thoughtful designs". I was relieved to see a selection of wedges, which is one of the biggest trends this season.

I selected their Maher wedge in the nude shade of Moonstone to have shipped, and today's abundant sunshine was the perfect day to test-strut them. Slipping them on, the first thing I noticed was the comfort. Made from chrome-free leather, they do not have the stiff feeling one thinks would occur with eco-conscious footwear. The footbed is what I'm most impressed with; made from biodegradable latex foam pads, it was like I still had on my slippers from this morning.

And unlike my bevy of stilettos, wedges distribute a level support, so the teetering we associate with heels is alleviated.

I also like the fact that the Naya Maher Platform Wedge icon - made from recycled cork and rubber perched on a recycled cork sole - is a realistic 3 inches, compared to some pretty staggering heights I've seen.

Earth Day may be April 22, but Naya Shoes are the perfect way to step into awareness now.

Purchase your Naya Shoes at Nordstrom:
Free Shipping when you purchase any pair of shoes online at NORDSTROM. Enter code SHOES at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment