Monday, March 22, 2010

Silky Cosmetics' Peach Sorbet Review


Spring may have just sprung this weekend, but I'm already submerged in peaches.

Not because I am crunching Dole slices from my grocer's frozen aisle. A new line of beauty products called Silky Cosmetics has emerged on the scene. Far from touting to be part of the growing list of 100% organic or 100% natural lines, Silky Cosmetics is a line of naturally-focused products, meaning they are free of parabens, sodium laurel sulfate, petroleum, mineral oil and alcohols. In other words, it caters to the consumer who wants to live healthier without compromising chic and fragrant scents.

A search for products to maintain her relaxer-free hair evolved into founder Shari Eddington's birth of the product line. Being a fellow natural hair woman, Shari shipped me her Peach Sorbet line of bath products for review. She had me at the peaches...

The first day of spring was the perfect reason to cover myself in the Hydrating Body Wash. Although I felt the scent was not too overbearing, I felt it might not stay with me the rest of the day.

The next product I applied was the Whipped Sugar Polish. Free from the usual grittiness or heaviness found in most exfoliators makes it perfect for whipping feet into shape for sandal season. The scent was a nice combination of shea butter and coconut oil, and I immediately saw how applying the sugar polish all over was creating a welcome layering of scents.

Lastly, the Sorbet Buttery Body Crème was like icing on the cake. Light and airy, the scent comes alive with shea and cocoa butters, while the infusion of mango butter just makes it sing.

Overall, I like the line, as it is effective when layered. The moisturizing benefits last all day, as does the wafts of peach scent, which makes all the difference on a gloomy, rainy day like today.

I would also suggest Silky Cosmetics for a Mother's Day gift set. Regardless of what your mom's personality is like, the fragrance choices of Sorbet, Sweet Mint, Bliss or Charm are a diverse selection to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment