Monday, March 1, 2010

Little Black Dress Wines Review


This past weekend was one for the records. The first major snowstorm in Western New York thrust me into being introduced to a little device called a shovel. Not a fan, is all I can say.

And while the weather outside was frightful, I had the perfect way to stay chic amidst the chill, because the gracious folks at Little Black Dress Wines shipped me their Chardonnay to review. Yup, I'll drink to that...

The wine company evokes both style and substance; their collaboration with Clothes Off Our Back - the non-profit that hosts charity auctions of celebrity attire - is proof of that. Autographed bottles of wine are available to bid on (along with the chicest of LBDs worn by celebrities) to benefit children's charities.

Enlisting the help of my vibrant aunt, we toasted to the future (which hopefully includes a quick spring). At first sip, the Chardonnay was a shock to my palate. Tart was my first reaction, although she felt it was crisp. I prefer red wine over white, but I still gave it a chance as we started our girly talk. Before I knew it, the notes of citrus and oak were more likeable as we talked.

As for the packaging, it couldn't be more fashion-forward. The cork itself is stamped with their Little Black Dress logo, and the bottle is accented with a red hanger and red stilettos. I feel their Chardonnay makes the perfect hostess, bridal shower or a just-because gift for the fashionista.

At $8.99, I can see myself purchasing it to serve at a dinner party. And for heels that I would pair with it, this Anne Klein Kalei2 floral d'Orsay from macys.com is one that, at first, wouldn't be a choice, but I could see myself warming up to.

Make sure to check back for my Pinot Noir review from the Little Black Dress Wines "collection". In the meantime, here is a swanky drink using the Pinot Noir to serve at your Oscar party this weekend; The Fashionista!

2 oz. Little Black Dress Pinot Noir
½ oz. pomegranate juice
½ oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
½ oz. agave nectar

In a shaker filled with ice, combine all ingredients, roll to mix and transfer to a tall glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment